Tuesday, April 4

a dream

Last night I had a dream. It was unsettling. The setting was a small classroom, I suspect it was Mr. Norman's music class from 3rd grade, a place that caused me much stress and crying when I was in it. A friend of mine was screaming at my economics teacher, who's actually really cool guy, for being conservative. He looked sad. I didn't want to see it so I stood in the corner at a chalkboard drawing with some yellow chalk. Only, there were speckles of red chalk littered all over the yellow chalk and everything I drew was tinged this sickly, muddy orange. I drew the faces of several people, my own face inches from the board, and thought they were beautiful. Whenever I pulled my head back, though, their skin had the color of rotting flesh. Not that I've ever really seen rotted flesh, but the pale yellow mixed with clumps of red inspired that connotation for some reason. Then I woke up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home